The views expressed in this blog are my own
Phil Timyan, a private investor, hedge fund manager, and first-time blogger with over 25 years professional experience in community bank stocks investment and shareholder activism.
Over the years, I have filed 13-Ds in ALGC, HRTB, FSVB, GSLA, RFSV, COMB, RYFL, and CWBC. In 2003, I helped recap COMB by buying a 9.9% stake and joining their Board until its sale in 2006 to SUPR. In 2012, I was part of an investor group that recapped CFIS, and personally served on Board until the bank's sale in 2015 to WTFC. I am currently serving on the boards of RYFL and Royal Bank.
Since my graduation in the 1980s with a BA in General Business Administration and an MBA in Finance from Michigan State University, my career has included stints as:
- Registered Representative for Oppenheimer & Co in Chicago, IL
- Securities Analyst for Feshbach Bros./Stockbridge Partners in Palo Alto, CA
- Securities Analyst/Portfolio Manager for GW Ringoen & Co in San Francisco, CA
- Founder of two hedge funds, Sands Point Partners LLC and Riggs Qualified Partners LLC
- Contributing author for a number of professional publications, including Seeking Alpha